TrustCentral will offer an API that will provide access to its cloud IoT security platform allowing software developers to programmatically provide capabilities to support IoT endpoint authentication, security, data encryption, digital signing, etc. This solution will be delivered in the form of an API plus an endpoint client development kit in order to provide a single solution that developers can apply to use cases service the needs of many markets (e.g., automotive, aviation, medical devices, blockchain, and others).
On a case-by-case basis, large customers (such as automotive OEM’s) may be licensed to bring this API and platform into their own cloud for their internal operations.
The Platform will incorporate a complete X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Privilege Management Infrastructure (PMI), including TrustCentral’s proprietary Attribute Authority (AA). The platform will provide tools for the efficient authentication of remote relationships using TrustCentral’s patented Inviter-Invitee Protocol. The system provides for the authentication of a cryptographically-secure, non-repudiable identity tied directly to each end-point; authenticated communication lines between endpoints; digital certificates for each; etc. The platform has no access to private keys thus no capability to access any information held or transmitted by the endpoints.
The Aim: These tools will make it easier for designers and application developers to add sophisticated cryptographic security solutions to their applications. This technology will allow them to devote more time to meeting other software requirements rather than dealing with the specialized challenges of developing secure cryptographic systems, thereby reducing overall development time. Licenses will include rights to implement various patented features of TrustCentral’s technology such as:
- Digital Obedience (which establishes that IoT devices talk only to previously authenticated endpoints and no others)
- Secure communication lines between authenticated IoT devices
- Secure “groups” of authenticated IoT devices
Platform features also included are:
- A cryptographically secure core solution
- Tools for customization
- Ability for a system administrator to track, monitor and audit the exchange of encrypted digital content (but not the content itself)
- A proprietary Attribute Authority that creates, records, monitors and issues certificates to: endpoints; identities; secure communication lines; and others
SECURITY ECOSYSTEM WITH BLOCKCHAIN INTEGRATION
The TrustCentral Security Ecosystem will offer a licensed application supporting the capabilities and features described on this website, including IoT device security, data encryption, digital signing, layered auditability, administrative visibility into and control over devices, connections, agreements and other activities. This solution will be delivered in the form of a Platform, API and a basic endpoint client application (plus supporting development kits) in order to provide a single horizontal solution. This core solution will also be applicable in use cases beyond automotive.
The patented technology of the security ecosystem will provide for the trusted origins of IoT devices delivering trusted transactions and records to the Platform for recordation on a blockchain (or in another database) and thus enhancing the value of those records as well as of blockchain technology itself.
FEATURES ENHANCING TRUST STACK FUNCTIONALITY
The Security Ecosystem (designed by Dr. David Kravitz) is comprehensive and robust. It incorporates a wealth of sophisticated tools and technologies. The purpose of this website is not to delve into these but it is also not desirable to pass them by without highlighting:
- Endpoint digital signing capabilities
- End point encryption and decryption
- Proprietary TrustScore and Access Scores tools to measure and track endpoint trustworthiness
- Layered auditability measures
- Blockchain integration for the trusted recording of records with trusted provenance (origin)
- Rules, business logic and instructions to IoT devices such that they can act with certainty and perform in secure manners
- Centralized facilitation and administration for the authentication and management of device firmware updates
- Administrative visibility into, and control over, devices, connections, agreements and other activities through a robust API
- Being able to authenticate a remotely located device and bring it online into an enterprise network with trust